General Information of the office
The Ancillary Services Unit (ASU) is an interim arm of the City Government of Davao, under the Office of the City Mayor. It was created by Executive Order No. 05, Series of 2017, in order to efficiently and effectively clean-up the city’s drainage system, its coastline and river banks and to free the city’s sidewalks, alleys, roads, parks and playgrounds, planting strips and open spaces of illegal vendors and occupants, including their structures. The office of ASU is located at ASU building, Maa Slaughterhouse Compound, Davao City. It is headed by an Officer In-Charge and is complemented with 200 job order and contract of services personnel for its drainage and sidewalk clearing operations including the 350 bantay dagat volunteers for its coastal and river banks clean-up every Saturday
mornings of every month.
- Sidewalk Clearing Operations
- The clearing operations being conducted by this office includes summarily removing illegal sidewalk vendors, structures or occupants of the city’s sidewalks, alleys, roads, road-right-of-ways, parks and playgrounds, recreational areas, planting strips and open spaces to ensure unobstructed use by pedestrians, motorists, park goers and the general public of the same;
- Drainage Clean-up Operations
- This includes manual clean-up of the city’s manholes, open canals and drainage networks – gutters, storm drains, catch basins and outflows;
- Coastal / River banks Clean-up Operations
- The Coastal / River banks Clean-up Operations also includes the clean-up of the city’s coastlines and river banks under the Bhyaheng DO30 program on Solid Waste Management – the Bantay Dagat Program.